We’ve been working hard on some new updates for you, and are thrilled to pull the curtain off of a big one — our iPhone app is now completely native! We think you’ll love the faster, smoother, and more responsive Tumblr Dashboard.
- Redesigned dashboard — enjoy bigger photos and faster post loading.
- Spiffy new notification previews so you can see exactly which posts were liked, reblogged, or replied to!
- GIFs now play automatically on your Dashboard! Slide your finger across a GIF to view frame by frame.
- New gestures — swipe right on any screen to go back to the previous view; long tap photos, links, tags, and post headers for more options.
- Brand new blog screens with blog portraits and descriptions.
We’re really excited about this release and we can’t wait to see what you do with it. Try it out.
We’re excited to announce yet another improved version of the Android app! Get ready for some fantastic updates:
- Clearer blog notifications — now you can see exactly which post was liked, reblogged, or commented on.
- Faster photo posting — quickly choose from the last 40 shots on your phone.
- Pinch and spread to zoom in on photos!
- Images load even faster on your Dashboard.
- Redesigned and rebuilt Post screens for faster posting.
- System notifications for post uploads — find out when something posts successfully or fails to upload.
If you haven’t gotten the update notification yet, grab the latest version of the app.
New Dashboard shortcut!
Quickly switch between your blogs in just a few keystrokes.
- Mac: Option + Tab
- Windows: Z + Tab
Find more shortcuts on our Tips page.
Upgraded Tag Search & Tracking
Now featuring auto-complete, thumbnail previews, related tags, and a very clean new interface. Get to them even faster by hitting the “tab” key.
iPhone and Android updates are ready to download!
In our continued quest to make your mobile Tumblr experience sick as hell, we’ve updated our iOS and Android apps with a host of fixes, features, and improvements. Notable new things include:
- Notifications get a slick new thingy.
- Find blogs to follow through your contacts or Facebook.
- Your friends can now sign up right inside the app.
- Track tags that you find amazing. (Android already had this.)
- Fast reblog when no words are needed. (Just click and hold the reblog icon.)
- Hold down the Like button for some new sharing options.
- Fan Mail! Message to your heart’s content.
The apps (and updates) are available in the App Store or Google Play. Enjoy!
The brand new mobile blog: completely redesigned for faster browsing, cleaner reading, and easier sharing.
- Like and reblog directly from index page
- Share posts through Facebook, Twitter, or email
- Built-in support for Pages
- Full-width images and infinite scrolling
Tumblr for iPhone 3.0: Now available on the App Store
iPhone users rejoice! We’ve redesigned and rewritten the app from the ground up, so get ready for an even better Tumblr experience:
- Sleeker Dashboard: High-res images, Spotify support, improved photosets, and more.
- New post forms: Faster uploads and handy shortcuts (swipe the compose button up for camera, swipe left for text)!
- Offline support: Post, like, reply, and reblog even when you’re not connected!
- Speed: Faster, super-responsive interface.
- Tag search and Radar!
Enjoy all these amazing features and much more! Download the app now.
Sharing your posts on Facebook just got a billion times better, with integration into Facebook’s Timeline, News Feed, and Ticker.
New options include:
- Toggle “Send to Facebook” when posting.
- Share Replies on your Facebook Timeline.
- Share Likes on your Facebook Timeline.
(They even get lumped together so they’re not overwhelming!)
You can find the new options in your blog settings. If your blog is already connected to Facebook, you’ll be automatically prompted to upgrade.
Introducing: Highlighted Posts
Every now and then, a post comes along that’s meant for big things. It could be pulling the wraps off your new project, promoting your next show, raising awareness for a cause, or just sharing a truly incredible photo.
Today you’ll have a new option to Highlight those extra-important posts. For one dollar, your post will stand out in the Dashboard with a customizable sticker to make sure your followers take notice!
We’ll be rolling out Fan Mail — a new interblog messaging service — over the next few days for everyone.
You can send unlimited Fan Mail to the blogs you follow and customize each message.
You’ll see the new option appear in your Inbox, avatar menus, or in the top corner of the blogs you follow.