Internet, meet Christopher!
Hi there! I’m Christopher Price. You may know me as topherchris from such posts as “The Funny Photoshop of That Thing on That Guy”, “My Top Five Uses for Bacon”, and the classic “Photo of Me on the Toilet.”
For reasons I cannot begin to fully understand, the kids in charge over at Tumblr HQ have decided to offer me the esteemed position of Editorial Director. This is truly an honor and delightful surprise, since I didn’t even know they could afford a paid staff, let alone health insurance.
I’ve spent every waking hour of the last couple of years building lots of fun toys using the Tumblr system, and every single day I’m consistently blown away by the ways you guys are using the platform to share your lives, your creations, and your gratuitous photos shot from angles previously thought impossible.
I greatly respect the Tumblr community and believe that transparency is always the best policy. To ensure your approval of this move, I’d like to present the following Tumblr Resumé which I hope will diffuse any doubts you may have as to my qualifications for this position.
- I joined Tumblr just a week after it launched, on February 28th 2007.
- I’ve since created 3,433 posts.
- I’ve been reblogged 9,859 times.
- I’ve received 21,600 likes.
- I often have three Tumblr tabs open in Safari without even realizing it.
- I enjoy photos of cute baby animals.
- I really wish they’d fix the drop-shadow on the “Audio” post button, too.
Thanks to everyone on the team for being so awesome, and a big sincere thanks to everyone who uses Tumblr for making it everything it is and everything it will be.
BTW, please continue to refer to me as topherchris. This whole “Christopher Price” façade is just to meet New York labor laws.